Donation to Alzheimer's Association - National Office
In honor of my mother, I am donating a percent of my proceeds to the Alzheimer's Association. Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible brain disorder that slowly destroys the memory and thinking skills. Treatments are available but unfortunately, the condition cannot be cured.
According to the Alzheimer's Association:
- More than 5 million Americans of all ages have Alzheimer's.
- One in 10 people ages 65 and older has Alzheimer's dementia.
- Older African-Americans are about twice as likely to have Alzheimer's or other dementias as older whites.
- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer's are women.
- Hispanics are about one and one-half times as likely to have Alzheimer's or other dementias as older whites.
Donating to Alzheimer's Association will go towards Alzheimer's care and support and accelerating research.